Farmers' Market of the Week: Franklin
The Weekly Franklin Farmers’ Market, located in front of Chapel Hall (25 Institute Street, off of Main Street), across from the Franklin Central School.
Every Sunday 10 am - 2 pm, Opening day is Memorial Day weekend, Sunday May, 26th till Columbus Day weekend, Sunday, October 13th.
Some of the items for sale from local vendors include:
- Grass-fed beef and pork, veal, rabbit, bacon, chops, sausages, chicken (whole and halves), fresh eggs
- Produce and herbs: blueberries, lettuces, onions, carrots, squash varieties, zucchini, scallions, beets, kale, chard, collards, potatoes, broccoli, garlic, oregano, basil, sage, and thyme
- Plants: annuals, perennials, herb and vegetable starters.
- Herbal tea blends and freshly brewed iced nettle tea.
- Organic breads, croissants, ciabatta, cinnamon buns, cardamom twists, rolls, and more
- Maple syrup and maple syrup products, honey, cheeses, jams, jellies, granola, and fudge
- Goat-milk soaps and lotions, and herbal skin care products
- Beeswax, jelly-jar, and votive candles, flowers, and floral products
- Artwork and crafts by local artists, including paintings, posters, and leather jewelry
- Grilled gyros, lemonade, and iced tea
Products: Open-aired market offering local goods, including meats, vegetables, fruits, eggs, cheese, maple and honey products, breads, baked goods, plants, coffee and special events.
-Some vendors accept EBT/ SNAP payments.
-There is no charge for admission
-Plenty of free parking,
Questions? For more information about the market, visit their Facebook page or contact market manager Trish Tyrell at email@example.com